Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Moving On...

Since I am finished Christmas shopping and everything that has to do with Christmas, I decided to move onto my next project....Cameron's 8th Birthday Party!  It's only a month away.  I do have a lot of things to make for it.  His theme this year is CAMPING!  The poor kid wanted to have his party outside like his sister and brother, but can't because it's in winter!  Mommy suggested that he should have a camping party indoors.  He thought that was great!  He could have fake fishing pond to go fishing in, a scavenger hunt, a bow and arrow target practice (fake, of course), a Jumping frogs contest.  The list goes on and on!  Did I ever tell you how imaginative Cameron came be???  So I have started my long list of things I need to do for this party to pull it off for Cameron. 
First things first...make 7 pup tents out of wood and material.  This way there is no fighting over space in a tent.  We are having his party at my husband's work to have plenty of room.
Second....make individual signs out of a piece of wood and twigs to make their names on the sign to hang on their tent.  Boy, these kids are going to love all the stuff they go home with!
Third....make a "Camp Cameron" sign out of wood to hang over the entrance to the banquet room with tree limbs on both sides of the door to make you think you are walking into the woods.
Fourth....make lots of stars to hand from the ceiling!  It has to be night during the day!
Fifth....make a fake fire.  I am using their Elefun game, the bottom piece without the trunk, to blow the red, orange, and yellow tissue paper from the cut wood and surrounding it in a circle of rocks.
Sixth....cover the tables in camouflage and burlap.  Then place a ceramic pot with an evergreen limb cemented in on the table to make the room more forest like.

I may be making "Happy Camper" t-shirts, depending on time.
Last, but not least, all the other stuff!  The s'mores bar, make your own trail mix station, magnifying glasses, canteens with a personalized sticker, binoculars, compasses, flashlights, and bugs!  I hope I can accomplish all of this for Cameron by his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment