Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas....and a Merry Birthday!


Merry Christmas!  We are still taking gifts out of packages at my house.  Santa was very good to us this year.  We celebrated Christmas my mom's family tradition this year.  Before going to sleep, the kids had to spread their reindeer food in the yard!  That way the reindeer knew where to land!

The kids went to bed early on Christmas Eve.  Here's the kids before bed....

Can you tell Ryan is very excited???

My parents, sister, brother and his wife with her brother came over around 10 p.m.  I had food out all evening.  My brother dressed like Santa so that Cameron could catch "Santa" putting presents under the tree with Haley's camcorder.

 It was fun!  Then at "midnight" (actually 10:30 because Josh and my mom both worked early that morning and were tired), we woke the kids up, saying Santa came!  It was hard waking Ryan and Cameron.  Finally they walked downstairs to find all the presents Santa left.  Boy, was it a lot this year!


I didn't really have a chance to take lots of pictures.  It was crazy in our house!  Here are the few pictures I did get.




It was a long night!  The kids didn't want to go asleep!  Everyone left by 2 a.m.  Finally, we got the kids to bed.  I rested for a few hours until the boys woke up at 6:30 to play again!  I let Josh and Haley sleep in.  Josh, especially, since it was his birthday!  Merry Birthday to my wonderful husband!  I love you with all my heart!  We spent all day celebrating his birthday this year!  It was nice instead of just Christmas in the morning, we celebrated him!  We played games and went to the Chinese Restaurant for dinner like in "A Christmas Story".  We had a birthday cake!

It was an enjoyable day!  Until the following day, when Josh went to work, leaving me behind to build all the lego sets and a marble race!  How horrible!  I spent from 8:30 in the morning until 9:30 that evening building!  My fingers actually have blisters on them today! 

Still in the process on this Lego!







I am not building anymore Legos until Cameron's birthday in January!  Ryan still needs a dragon built.  I am waiting for someone else to build it for him!  I did have a little help from the boys....but that didn't last very long on each!  They just wanted to play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment