Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Get Together Girls

I have to first apologize for not being on here lately.  Things have been really busy.  Vollyball practices and scrimmages, hockey, pneumonia, ear infections, family visiting....it's a lot for two weeks for one person to handle!  Haley has volleyball practices and had two scrimmages that we attended.  She played at both scrimmages and got the ball over the net!  Woohoo!  For those of you who don't know my daughter, she is a true bookworm.  By the time volleyball is finished, it's already 6:30 and time to make dinner, do homework, get showers, and go to bed!  It's exhausting!  I can't imagine those parents who are running around with more activities for their children!  It's crazy!  Give those kids a break to be a kid before they are adults!  Anyway....This past week we had pneumonia, ear infections, and family from out of state visiting us!  A few days to recover and here I am!

I want to share an idea with you that I did a long time ago for my daughter.  When she was in the fourth grade, I had 4 of her close friends sleepover on Friday nights during the winter season.  They formed the Get-Together-Girls, a.k.a. GTG to them.  After school all the girls came over our house.  I would make them afterschool snacks and drinks.  Every week we picked two different movies and a craft to make.  I decorated the living room in a different theme.  One week was hearts for Valentine's Day.  Another week was shamrocks for St. Patty's Day! They decorated pillowcases for their pillows.  Another week we made t-shirts.  I tried to stay with things that were easy to make and things that tied into sleepovers. 
The girls making their pillow cases.
The girls had lots of fun that winter.  Hanging out with friends, watching movies, eating snacks, and making crafts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment